Met Gala Glam
Out of all the unusual and wonderful outfits, who wore it best? We take a look at our favourite themed and traditional outfits from the annual event.
The MET Gala is arguably one of the biggest events of the year in the fashion world. It is an annual fundraising event held for the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute.
Each year the Gala has a theme and this year it was honouring Avant-Garde designer Rei Kawakubo of the Commes de Garçons fashion label.
Although many of the attendees chose to wear traditional red-carpet outfits, others stuck with the Avant-Garde theme of the night, to celebrate Kawakubo, with Rihanna leading the way in an off-the-catwalk Commes des Garçons outfit.
Event chairperson and performer of the night, Katy Perry, wore a head-to-toe ensemble and veil by John Galliano for Maison Margiela. Katy and Rihanna certainly take our top spots for nailing this year’s Avant-Garde theme.
What about the more traditional looks then? Celebrities wowed the red-carpet this year, below are a few of our favourite looks, including:
- Alexa Chung in a gown by Diane von Furstenberg.
- Emma Roberts in a Diane Von Furstenberg frock.
- Donald Glover wore a Burberry tuxedo.
- Kim Kardashian West in a white Vivienne Westwood design
- Gisele Bündchen arrived in a silver gown by Stella McCartney for the Green Carpet Challenge, teamed with Neil Lane jewellery.
- Candice Swanepoel in a custom Topshop gown.
- Hailey Baldwin wore a tiered Carolina Herrera look.
- Joe Jonas wearing a suit by Elizabeth Kennedy.
- Miranda Kerr in an Oscar de le Renta ball gown.
- Selena Gomez wears a gown by Coach.
- Taylor Hill in Carolina Herrera.
- Jessica Chastain in Prada.