1. Is the venue available on our date?
2. How much space is there? / How many guests can it hold?
- Wedding celebrations can be long occasions so you need to know if the space can comfortably hold the number of guests you wish to invite.
3. What is included in the price?
- Some venues offer all-inclusive packages which include everything from food to entertainment, while others just offer the room and the rest is up to you. Make sure you ask for a clear breakdown of their packages so you know exactly what you’re getting with the venue and what’s it up to you to organise.
4. What is the total cost? Do you offer payment plans?
5. How is payment accepted? Credit card, cash, bank draft, etc.
6. What is your deposit/cancellation policy?
- Most venues will require a deposit when booking – it’s important you know the exact figure and the cancellation/refund policy in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
7. When does the deposit need to be paid?
8. What time is check-in/check-out?
9. How many rooms can we hold for the bridal party and guests?
10. Will we have access to spaces beside the event room?
- You’ll likely want bridal suites, places to take photographs, and access to extra amenities like restrooms.
11. Is there another event scheduled to take place in our room at a different time during the same day?
- It’s important to ask this as you don’t want any delays.
12. Is there a designated smoking area near our room?
13. Is there a secure area in or near our room where wedding gifts can be stored?
14. Do the staff have health and safety training?
- It’s important to know that, in cases of emergency, the venue has the required support with staff trained in First Aid and CPR.
The Room Set-up And Decorations
15. What layout options do we have? / What layout do you think would work best for us based on the number of guests attending?
16. What decorations do you provide? / Are there decorating restrictions?
17. Can we make changes to the recommended layout/decoration of the room
18. How is seating arranged?
19. How many guests can be seated at each table?
20. By what time should we deliver wine, favours, and place names to the venue?
21. Do you have any examples of how the room was designed for previous wedding parties?
22. Who is our main venue contact? / Who will be mostly helping us on the day?
- This is the person from the venue that you’ll be liaising with from the moment you book to the minute you check-out the day after you’ve said you ‘I dos’. Make sure you get to know this person and that you’re comfortable with them as they’ll be there on your big day to ensure everything runs smoothly.
23. Are there any decorations that we need to organise? / Are there certain decorative elements that the venue doesn’t supply?
24. What different wedding menu options do you have? Are we able to organise a tasting? Is there a cost for the tasting?
25. Can you accommodate special diets?
26. How many choices can be included on the menu?
27. What receptions options are available?
28. Do we have to order a minimum amount of courses?
29. What drinks are served with the meal?
30. Does the venue have a licence to serve alcohol?
31. What drinks are included in the price? What is the charge for extra drinks?
32. Are there any restrictions on the type or quantity of alcohol served?
33. How many wait staff will be provided?
34. Is there a place where the cake can be stored?
35. By what time do you need final guest numbers?
36. What time is the evening meal served?
37. What time do you serve the afters food?
38. Is a DJ/band part of the package or do we need to arrange our own?
39. What time can the DJ/band set up at?
40. How many people does the dance floor accommodate?
41. What time do you allow music play to?
42. Do you have a list of recommended entertainment?
Feature image credit: @freepik/v.ivash